APPROPRIATION ORDINANCE NO. O-13-34
BE IT ENACTED BY THE QUORUM COURT OF GARLAND COUNTY, STATE OF ARKANSAS, AN ORDINANCE TO BE ENTITLED:
AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND THE 2013 GARLAND COUNTY BUDGET ORDINANCE O-12-84, AND TO APPROPRIATE FUNDS THEREFORE TO BUDGET EMERGENCY 911 FUND (3900) AND, FOR OTHER PURPOSES.
WHEREAS, the Emergency 911 Fund has been invoiced for the Public Service Answering Point (PSAP) equipment upgrade for the various locations of the PSAP Units; and,
WHEREAS, previously the equipment upgrade was reviewed by the Public Health, Welfare & Safety Committee and the Finance Committee and the approval for proceeding with the upgrade was given by the committees. The PSAP equipment hardware fund for Garland County provided $210,489.30 of the invoiced amount with the City and County paying the balance. The total invoiced amount is $267,088.90, the City of Hot Springs share is 33.33% or $18,864.65, and Garland County the remaining share 66.67% or $37,734.95. (The citys share was decreased from the ARETS 2013 fourth quarter payment to city); and,
WHEREAS, the County Judge has requested an appropriation in the amount of $267,088.90 in order to provide reimbursement to various line items within the 911 Budget for the invoiced amount.
WHEREAS, the Finance Committee has previously met and approved this request.
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE QUORUM COURT OF GARLAND COUNTY, ARKANSAS:
SECTION 1. That the sum of $267,088.90 is hereby appropriated from the Emergency 911 Fund (3900) to the Emergency 911 Fund Budget (3900) in the following manner:
Line Item Description Amount
3900.3900.7000 Lease-Purchase Agreement 53,338.90
3900.3900.7100 Other 213,750.00
SECTION 2. That the sum mentioned in Section 1 above represents an increase of $267,088.90 to the 2013 Emergency 911 Budget.
SECTION 3. That the sum mentioned in Section 1 above represents an increase of $229,353.95
ATTEST: Sarah Smith, Garland County Judge
SPONSOR: Mickey Gates, Justice of the Peace