BREAKING NEWS: School openings/closing

The Sentinel-Record/Richard Rasmussen AFTERMATH: An unidentified CenterPoint Energy gas company employee works around the gas meter near the burned-out back windows of Apt. 8 at 115 Wade St. on Thursday. Two local women died in the apartment following a fire in one of the bedrooms Wednesday night.

The Sentinel-Record/Richard Rasmussen AFTERMATH: An unidentified CenterPoint Energy gas company employee works around the gas meter near the burned-out back windows of Apt. 8 at 115 Wade St. on Thursday. Two local women died in the apartment following a fire in one of the bedrooms Wednesday night.

Accidental fire claims two lives

By Mark Gregory
This article was published January 20, 2017 at 4:00 a.m.

Despite what Hot Springs Fire Chief Ed Davis called a "valiant" lifesaving effort, two Hot Springs residents died in an accidental fire that was confined to a single bedroom in an apartment at 115 Wade St. Wednesday night.

This story is only available from our archives.

comments powered by Disqus