Today's Paper Obits Mugshots Sports Viewpoints Classifieds Jobs Weather Latest HER Contact us Submit a Letter to the Editor
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
story.lead_photo.caption The Sentinel-Record/Richard Rasmussen HAY BARN FIRE: Hot Springs firefighters work to contain a fire that erupted in a storage barn full of hay at 439 Broadway St. Monday night. The interior of the barn, belonging to Williams Brothers Feed Store, 401 Broadway, was “fully involved” when firefighters arrived, Fire Chief Ed Davis said. While they were able to get it under control, it was “going to take a long time to overhaul” everything. - Photo by Richard Rasmussen

A storage barn apparently full of hay and hay handling equipment erupted in flames Monday evening on Broadway Street.

Hot Springs Fire Chief Ed Davis said the fire was "fully involved," and showing from every visible opening of the building when firefighters arrived at the scene at 439 Broadway Monday evening.

Photo by Richard Rasmussen
The Sentinel-Record/Richard Rasmussen

He said the ferocity of the fire was typical of hay-fueled fires, although firefighters did not yet know the exact contents of the building, which was reportedly part of the Williams Brothers Feed Store operation on Broadway.

Davis said the call was received by 911 at 6:24 p.m. Monday. The Central Fire Station, which includes a ladder truck, is located around a block north of the fire on Broadway.

Davis said that while firefighters were able to get the fire under control, it was "going to take a long time to overhaul" everything. Davis said a track hoe would be brought to the scene to start sifting through the contents.

Davis said some of the firefighters who were initially called to the scene had to be diverted to another structure fire in the city.

Local on 11/28/2017

Print Headline: Hay barn burns on Broadway

Sponsor Content

Comments

comments powered by Disqus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT