CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Rickie Fowler, selected for his consistent well-mannered conduct as an American professional golfer, heads "Ten Best-Mannered People" list published by the National League of Junior Cotillions.
"The selections are made based on each person's commitment to honor, dignity and mannerly conduct," says President Charles Winters in the press release. "We feel these 10 individuals have distinguished themselves through excellence of character and conduct and applaud them for their contributions to society."
The top "Ten Best-Mannered" are:
1. Rickie Fowler -- for consistently well-mannered conduct both on and off the golf course.
2. Aly Raisman -- for dignity and courage in coming forward as a victim of abuse.
3. Deshaun Watson -- for "generously donating" to aid Hurricane Harvey victims in Houston and for publicly admitting he was wrong after an instance of less-than-mannerly conduct.
4. Joanna Gaines -- for kindness to fans, family and television audience.
5. Sadie Robertson -- for authenticity and grace.
6. David Beckham -- for positively impacting the lives of children around the world through his work with UNICEF and the 7 Fund.
7. Selena Gomez -- for being a strong role model for fans while growing up in the public spotlight.
8. Thomas Rhett -- for inspiring fans through his music to value family, relationships and, above all, character.
9. Matt Kuchar -- for poise in both victory and defeat as a golfer.
10. Meghan Markle -- for considerable grace under pressure as a new member of the royal family.
Cotillion students and directors nationwide nominate individuals for the "Ten Best-Mannered People" award each year. Susan Humphries, local director for the past 25 years, says in the release that "it is not only important for my students to learn the skills of social behavior taught through the NLJC program, but equally important is recognizing these character traits in others."
The NLJC mission statement is "to act and learn to treat others with honor, dignity and respect for better relationships with family, friends and future business associates." Any parent desiring information about the program simply needs to contact Humphries at firstname.lastname@example.org.Society on 01/07/2018
Print Headline: NLJC announces 'Ten Best-Mannered People' of 2017