Why are residential waste collection and recycling related? Individuals can significantly reduce their residential waste volume going in their container each week simply by reusing and recycling. By participating in recycling, not only does it reduce waste volume, but can also decrease associated costs for the community. Finally, by reducing the amount of materials being thrown away, the environment can grow and flourish due to the lack of energy and raw materials needed to make new items.
Last week, the Earth Angels of Hot Springs recycled:
• 113 pounds -- Aluminum cans.
• 2,693 pounds -- Newspaper.
• 885 pounds -- Corrugated cardboard.
• 495 pounds -- Plastic No. 1 and No. 2.
• 55,480 pounds -- Yard waste and C.A.P.S.
• 66,580 pounds -- Commercial cardboard collection.
A total of 63.12 tons of recyclable materials were kept out of the landfill.
• Today -- Whittington/Quapaw-Prospect.
• Monday -- Jaycee Park/Oaklawn-Henderson.
• Tuesday -- Richard/Airport-Family Park.
• Wednesday -- Grove/Files Road-Higdon Ferry.
• Thursday -- McCauley-Greenwood.
• Friday, July 19 -- Hobson-Plain.Society on 07/12/2019
Print Headline: Earth Angel