The Earth Angel Recycling Program provides free curbside recycling to every city resident.
Participating in recycling is the best way to protect the environment from overburdened landfills, polluted water and illegal dumpsites. By taking part in the Earth Angel Recycling Program, citizens have the opportunity to help ensure a healthy future for the community.
The Earth Angel Recycling Program collects the following materials:
• Aluminum cans.
• Corrugated cardboard.
• Plastic grades No. 1 and No. 2.
• Telephone books.
• Leaves, grass, and small brush.
The city will furnish the container and a calendar of scheduled collection days. The container should be placed curbside prior to 6 a.m. for pickup. To participate in the Earth Angel Recycling Program, call 321-6911.
Last week the Earth Angels of Hot Springs recycled:
• 201 pounds -- Aluminum cans.
• 2,688 pounds -- Newspaper.
• 698 pounds -- Corrugated cardboard.
• 43,000 pounds -- Yard waste and C.A.P.S.
• 426 pounds -- Plastic No. 1 and No. 2.
• 71,680 pounds -- Commercial cardboard.
A total 59.35 of tons of recyclable materials were kept out of the landfill.
• Today -- Hobson/Plain.
• Monday -- Quail Creek/Lotus Loop.
• Tuesday -- James/Millcreek.
• Wednesday -- Park Avenue/Magnolia/Circle Drive.
• Thursday -- Oaklawn Park/Pine Meadows.
• Friday, March 22 -- Whittington/Quapaw-Prospect.Society on 03/15/2019
Print Headline: Earth Angel