The responsibilities of the Solid Waste Department include residential and commercial trash collection, as well as the Clean, Attractive Property Services (C.A.P.S.) program. This program handles the disposal of appliances and other bulky items for city residents.
In addition, the department provides a service known as Earth Angel, which is a curbside residential recycling pickup of newsprint, aluminum cans, plastic No. 1 and No. 2, corrugated cardboard, leaves, grass, shrub trimmings and tree limbs under 3 feet in the length and 3 inches in diameter.
The department also lends support to organized neighborhood cleanup, efforts such as the yearly Clean Sweeps, and is home to the Hot Springs Recycling Center, 218 Runyon St.
For more information, call the Solid Waste Department at 321-6911.
Last week the Earth Angels of Hot Springs recycled:
• 198 pounds -- Aluminum cans.
• 70,760 pounds -- Commercial corrugated cardboard.
• 815 pounds -- Corrugated cardboard.
• 1,500 pounds -- Newspaper.
• 493 pounds -- Plastic No. 1 and No. 2.
• 43,300 pounds -- Yard waste and Clean, Attractive Property Service (C.A.P.S.).
Last week, a total of 58.53 tons of recyclable materials were kept out of the landfill.
• Today -- Hobson/Plain.
• Monday -- Quail Creek/Lotus Loop.
• Tuesday -- James/Millcreek.
• Wednesday -- Park Avenue/Magnolia/Circle Drive.
• Thursday -- Oaklawn/Park/Pine Meadows.
• Friday, Feb. 21 -- Whittington/Quapaw-Prospect.Society on 02/14/2020
Print Headline: Earth Angel