Hot Springs National Park Rotary Club recently announced that it has awarded $14,000 in scholarships to 14 Garland County students.
Because of COVID-19 pandemic guidelines, a public ceremony to award the scholarships has been delayed, the club said in a news release
Included in this year's awards were five non-traditional students and nine high school seniors. The HSNP Rotary Scholarship Committee, led by Joe Patrico, John Hoefl, and Roxanne Butterfield, worked during the pandemic to select the winners from over 90 applicants and "look forward to a future ceremony to celebrate with the winners and the club members," the release said.
The scholarship winners are:
• Katelyn Berryhill, Cutter Morning Star -- Lawrence H. Averill/Richard W. Averill Family Scholarship.
• McKaila Davis, Lakeside -- Cecil W. Cupp Jr. Scholarship.
• Kamden Garrett, Fountain Lake -- Lynn and Cheri Endicott Family Scholarship.
• Nicole Haak, non-traditional -- Arthur C. and Azalea C. Larson Family Scholarship.
• Alesha Harrison, non-traditional -- Jordan, Woosley, Crone and Keaton LTD Endowed Scholarship.
• Jamie Huisman, non-traditional -- Joe and Betsy Smith Scholarship.
• Melissa Kennedy, non-traditional -- Community First Trust Company Scholarship.
• Tyler Mace, Cutter Morning Star -- Warren Theis Memorial Endowment Scholarship.
• Gabriella McFee, Lake Hamilton -- Kleinman Family Charitable Endowment Scholarship.
• Alisyn Potter, non-traditional -- Miller-Dickson Family Scholarship.
• Jillian Robertson, Jessieville -- Bill and Judy Creason Scholarship.
• Melody Steier, Lake Hamilton -- Jefferson D. Farris Family Scholarship.
• James Tejcek, Lakeside -- HSNP Rotary Scholarship.
• Rodrigo Vasquez, Fountain Lake -- HSNP Rotary Scholarship.Society on 05/19/2020
Print Headline: Hot Springs National Park Rotary Club awards $14K in scholarships