Mid-America Science Museum has launched a new website at the same web address, http://www.midamericamuseum. org.
"Several changes were made, primarily focused on making visitor's experience at the site more enjoyable, informative and accessible," Diane LaFollette, executive director of the museum, said in a news release.
"Our website is the first glance at our fabulous museum and it's our number one tool for visitors to learn about the museum, purchase tickets, preview our events and exhibitions, schedule classes and get the latest news."
Among the new features of the site are:
• All tickets, donations, membership can be purchased online.
• Visitors have the ability to purchase tickets for special events.
• A new bright, image-filled responsive design.
• An easy-to-navigate user experience.
• Access to the Hall of Wonder information highlighting the current temporary exhibition at the museum.
• A Donor Dashboard where donations can be made online.
• Birthday Parties and Science After School can be reserved online.
• Updated museum maps.
The new website was developed by SixtyOne Celsius, the Hot Springs communications firm. "We've done a lot of websites, but this one may have been the most fun," SixtyOne Celsius President Stephanie Alderdice said in the release.
"We are so proud of the museum and excited to be helping them with their marketing efforts."
SixtyOne Celsius Creative Director Aaron Buckley headed up the design and development team for the agency.