No new resident positives have been reported at Garland County nursing homes since Oct. 1, according to the nursing home report the Arkansas Department of Health updated Monday.
Three nursing homes in the county were included in Monday's update, which listed facilities with new resident or staff positives in the previous 14 days. The Sept. 20 update listed 22 new resident cases at Village Springs Health and Rehab, the fourth most of any facility listed in the update. Monday's update listed nine new resident cases in the previous 14 days, with Oct. 1 the date of the most recent positive at the Highway 7 north facility.
Oct. 1 was also the date of the most recent resident positive at Lake Hamilton Health and Rehab, which, according to the Oct. 4 update, had 13 new resident positives. Monday's update said the 13 cases at the Pittman Road location are active cases.
Sept. 28 was the date of the most recent resident positive at Somerset Senior Living at Canyon Springs, which, according to Monday's update, had seven new resident positives reported in the previous 14 days. The Oct. 4 update also listed seven new positives for the Park Avenue facility.
The Health Department reported fewer than 7,000 active cases in the state Monday, the first time active cases have been below 7,000 since mid-July. Active cases hit a non-winter peak of 25,735 Aug. 15.
As a service to our readers, The Sentinel-Record publishes updates released by the city of Hot Springs and the state of Arkansas.
The Arkansas Department of Health is no longer reporting confirmed and probable cases separately. The following stats were posted Monday on the Health Department's website:
• 503,089 cumulative cases, up 217 from Sunday.
• 690.29 rolling seven-day average of new cases, up 3.15 from Sunday.
• 3,984,645 PCR test reports, up 2,126 from Sunday.
• 9.3% cumulative PCR infection rate, no change from Sunday.
• 6,889 active cases, down 707 from Sunday.
• 1,719 active juvenile cases, down 218 from Sunday.
• 487,940 recoveries, up 912 from Sunday.
• 3,908,370 vaccine doses received, no change from Sunday.
• 2,988,584 doses given, up 1,195 from Sunday.
• 545 hospitalizations, down three from Sunday.
• 164 cases on ventilators, up three from Sunday.
• 259 ICU patients, no change from Sunday.
• 8,132 deaths, up 12 from Sunday.
• 2,237 nursing home deaths, up one from Sunday.
• 15,768 cumulative cases in Garland County, up six from Sunday.
• 16 rolling seven-day average of new cases, up 0.57 from Sunday.
• 157,132 PCR and antigen test reports, up 92 from Sunday.
• 10.3% cumulative PCR infection rate, no change from Sunday.
• 124 active cases in Garland County, down 20 from Sunday.
• 15,265 recoveries in Garland County, up 25 from Sunday.
• 379 deaths, up one from Sunday.