HS man allegedly attacks his wife

Michael Reed Debosier (Submitted photo)

A Hot Springs man was arrested Wednesday morning on a felony battery charge for an alleged attack on his wife after Hot Springs police found her walking down the street with a head wound.

Michael Reed Debosier, 77, of 245 Garland St., was arrested outside his residence shortly before 9 a.m. and charged with second-degree domestic battery, punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

Debosier, who lists no prior criminal history, remained in custody Thursday on zero bond and is set to appear Dec. 19 in Garland County District Court, although he will likely be arraigned before then.

According to the probable cause affidavit, around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, HSPD Officer Nicolas Cato responded to the Garland Avenue address regarding a domestic battery that had just occurred.

He reportedly saw "a white elderly female" walking across Garland Avenue with "what seemed to be blood on the back of her head." Following the woman was "a white elderly male" holding a long stick and walking toward her.

Cato ordered the man to drop the stick and face away from him and "due to the nature of the call and safety reasons," put the man, later identified as Debosier, into handcuffs while he investigated the incident further.

Debosier reportedly stated he and his wife had been in an argument that turned physical. He said he had wanted to leave their residence and his wife wouldn't let him. Cato noted Debosier had "a small cut" on the side of his right arm.

Cato then spoke to the wife, who stated she woke up that morning and found her husband "screaming and trying to get out of the house." Due to his mental health, she said she told him not to leave and tried to block the door.

She alleges Debosier punched her in the face three times and broke her glasses. After he let go of her, she said she began to run out the door to get away from him, but was hit in the back of the head with "the top part of a pumpkin."

LifeNet responded and after medically clearing Debosier, he was taken into custody and taken to the detention center.

The affidavit notes the wife had minor swelling and bruises to her face and "an open wound on the back of her head."