The Hot Springs Tech Learning Center recently announced its April schedule.
The classes and costs include the following:
• One on One Help Sessions -- Scheduled through staff; $20 per session. One-on-one help for topics that are not covered by other workshops and classes. Students will be matched with a staff member who can provide assistance.
• Windows 10 Basics -- April 1, 8, 15 and 22, 1-3 p.m.; $30 for all four classes. Topics include parts of the computer, mouse usage, turning a computer on and off, taskbar, start menu, and desktop icons, and an introduction to the internet and email. A home computer is not required but is highly recommended, so students can practice the skills they learn in the classroom.
• Create a Unique Picture Gift -- April 2 and 3, 10 a.m. to noon; $25. Make a picture gift, card, invitation, or thank you cards using Snapfish. Bring favorite photos and join the fun.
• Facebook -- April 5, 1-3 p.m.; $20. This workshop will introduce the student to the basics of using Facebook to communicate with family and friends. Students will need a Facebook account, or will have to set one up at the beginning of the workshop.
• Windows 10 Level 1 -- April 4, 11, 18 and 25, 1-3 p.m.; $30 for all four classes. This course is a prerequisite to all advanced Windows courses offered. Students should have a proficiency of the keyboard, mouse skills, and reasonable computer knowledge to register for this course. Students will learn how to navigate through Windows 10 and use flash drives. Windows 10 Basics is a prerequisite.
• Copy, Cut, and Paste -- April 9, 10 a.m. to noon; $20. A workshop that covers the techniques to transfer text, files, and photos from one location to another. Needed for the Managing Photos workshop.
• Android Phone -- April 10, 10 a.m. to noon; $20. A seminar on Android phones that includes accessing the internet and using email, apps, camera, sending photographs from the camera, the calendar, alarm clock, and Wi-Fi networks. Students should bring their own Android phone.
• Creating a Photo Calendar -- April 10, 1-3 p.m., and April 12, 10 a.m. to noon; $25. Hands-on help creating a calendar to use as a gift, and publishing the calendar. Students should bring the photographs they want to include in the calendar.
• iPad Basics -- April 12, 1-3 p.m.; $20. A hands-on, basic introduction to the Apple iPad. Students will need to bring their own iPad.
• Computer Security -- April 11, 10 a.m. to noon; $20. This class will be taught by the Best Buy Geek Squad. A question-and-answer session. The workshop will cover how to keep a computer safe with anti-virus and anti-malware software, and settings to use in Windows 10 and on phones.
• e-Readers and Tablets -- April 15, 10 a.m. to noon; $20. This class will be taught by the Best Buy Geek Squad. An overview of types that are available, and pros and cons of different ones. Students should bring their tablet or e-Reader.
• Managing Photos -- April 16 and 17, 10 a.m. to noon; $25. A hands-on workshop on how to transfer pictures from a camera to a computer, organize the pictures into folders, and back up the pictures to a flash drive using Windows.
• iPhone Bluetooth, Travel Maps and Apple Car-Play -- April 16, 1-3 p.m.; $20. The workshop will cover the iPhone's Map app and Apple's Car-Play, including suggested apps that could enhance the Car-Play or iPhone experience, and using music, phones calls and messages with a vehicle, and how to use these features over Bluetooth.
• Utilizing Popular iPhone Apps -- April 22, 10 a.m. to noon; $20. This workshop will cover favorite cellphone apps, with demonstrations of favorite apps and instructions on how to download apps to a cellphone. Students should bring their own iPhone.
• Internet Workshop (internet Tips from "Happy Clicking") -- April 22, 10 a.m. to noon; $20. An overview of the internet, secure navigation, and Google, including how to download programs, photos and files from the internet, along with tips and tricks.
• iPhone -- April 25, 10 a.m. to noon; $20. A workshop on how to use features on the iPhone, including internet, email, apps, calendar and clock. Students should bring their own iPhone.
All classes will be held at the Learning Center, 1662 Higdon Ferry Road, Suite 120. Visit http://www.hstechlc.com to register for classes, directions, and a listing of monthly schedules. Email email@example.com or call Dot Brumley a 501-844-6473 to register for any of these classes.Society on 03/24/2019
Print Headline: HSTLC announces April schedule