Our new app not only provides the replica edition of the newspaper, it also features live news updated throughout the day.
Immediately when you open the app, you'll notice several differences from the previous version. You can swipe left and right through the recent replica editions available. You can also scroll up to see a feed of the latest news articles.
Here's a few of our favorite features:
1. Home Button - click here anytime to be returned to the very top of the latest news.
2. My Library Button - click here to see your saved articles.
3. Sections Button - click here to jump immediately to the news of a particular section, such as Sports or Business.
When you click on a headline you'll see impressive new features in the articles themselves:
1. Share Button - click here to share any article with someone else through one of a variety of options.
2. Bookmark Button - click here to save an article to My Library for easy revisiting later.
3. Listen Button - click here to have any story read aloud to you.
You can look forward to these and other features in the new Sentinel Record replica edition app, which is available for both Apple and Android devices!
Latest News Sections - Use the Latest News drop down option located below the newspaper thumbnails on the Home screen to quickly navigate to Hot Springs, Business, Community, Obituaries, Sports and other sections.
Text resizing - Use the text resizing tool to make the article text larger or smaller. You can also change the brightness of the screen from this menu.
App User Settings
Native iOS text-to-speech - Uses built in speech engine- Recommended on.
Speech Rate - Sets the speed at which the article is spoken.
Disable full screen - Removes the section navigation from the bottom of the screen - Default is set to on.
Show Highlights in Full Screen - Turns article highlighting on and allows for reading stories in text view - Default is set to on.
Accessing Settings menu:
Click More then Settings
Options for Download over WiFi - Should be set to On.
Delete editions - by clicking the Home button then touch and hold thumbnail of newspaper edition until pop up message reading “Remove from Device” appears. Click on message to remove edition from the iPad.
Below are some videos explaining just some of the features available in The Sentinel-Record’s new digital replica edition available for the iPad and other smart devices. We invite you to explore what the app has to offer or refresh your memory on how to use these added benefits of our digital edition.
New features in latest app update
Our latest app update now fills the entire screen of your device with the paper and the new bottom page navigation feature with small thumbnail images of the pages allow you to quickly navigate to your favorite section of the paper.
Getting started with the app
Once you’ve downloaded The Sentinel-Record’s new app, click “more” to log in to your existing digital subscription. Once you are logged in, click the home button to return to the home screen. From there you can download issues of the newspaper and read the latest articles.
Reading current and past editions
When you download the digital replica of the newspaper, it will be saved in My Library. Saved articles will appear in this tab as well. Want to revisit a past edition or article? Click the My Library icon at the bottom of the screen.
Navigating the digital replica
There are a few different ways to navigate your digital replica of the newspaper. Zoom in or out on articles by moving your fingers together or apart. Swipe left or right with your finger to flip through each page. You can also use the menu bar to jump to specific sections of the paper.
Reading articles in the app
Want to finish reading an article without swiping to the next page? Clicking a headline will bring up the full article for easy reading. If you would like to have the story read to you, click the headphones icon at the bottom. For extra content like videos and photo galleries, click the icon in the bottom left corner of a photo.
Sharing articles on the app
Want to share the latest news with friends, family or coworkers? Click the share icon on an article or edition of the paper and choose from several options including email, messages and social media.
Swipe to the last few pages of the digital replica and you’ll find dozens of puzzles. Click the links provided to complete these interactive puzzles in the app.
Benefits of the Digital Edition
- Digital Edition is available to download by 5 a.m. (sometimes earlier).
- All photos in the Digital Edition are in color, when available.
- Some articles will include additional content online that is accessible by simply clicking on the link within the article.
- You can enlarge the text, making the paper easier to read.
- You can access the Digital Edition anywhere with a wi-fi connection.
- You will receive all our specialty publications included in the Digital Edition.